..What is a Sound Massage?
To put it simply, above all it is the sound and vibrations of singing bowls positioned with care on the dressed body. Gentle and harmonious sounds are absorbed and as a result the client is quickly able to achieve a state of deep relaxation. Besides that, the rhythmic sounds saturate the body and produce a subtle vibration which is a kind of a “massage” element.
During a sound massage, an atmosphere of safety and security is created, making it possible to let go – release stress, anxiety, worry, doubt and feelings that have a negative impact on our health.
In this soothing atmosphere, we can come in contact with our needs, our “inner wisdom”. We experience our bodies in a comforting sense. It may take a long time for the first truth to be realised. The often circular thoughts come to rest and our soul gains room for development. These are the key aspects of healthcare in a holistic sense. They are the basis for the design of a happy, independent and creative life.
Many decades of practical experience can be summarised in the following active features of the sound massage:
- Holistic approach – addresses Body, Mind and Spirit
- Creates basis for effortless, deep relaxation
- Strengthens the original trust and confidence in people
- Facilitates the release
- Contributes to health promotion via harmonisation, regeneration and revitalisation
- Supports and improves body awareness
- Allows access to and use of our own resources
- Strengthens self-confidence, creativity and motivation
- Custom designed sound bowls provide extensive sound range with multiple overtones
- Harmonic, and natural acoustic sounds of Peter Hess® Therapy quality sound bowls
The effects of the sounds are very complex. Even if the method at first glance appears simple, its use requires substantial knowledge about the effects of sound. Furthermore only this knowledge and our self-experience allows to apply them individually, selectively and safely, for the benefit of the client.
© Peter Hess Academy Australia 2016